|Irvine, California 1-3 November|
- a yearly conference sponsored by U2FP since 2006 to bring together scientists, practioners, paralysis survivors and family members for a dynamic exchange of information and strategies
- with a jam packed agenda of the best science to cure paralysis
- presented by leading world scientists and others involved in raising money and advocating for a cure for spinal cord injury
- having a live blog to read about the events as they happen (2011 W2W)
- putting the main speakers up on the web so we can see the good news about the main scientific cure breakthroughs (2010&2011 W2W). These videos have been seen in over 50 countries.
- legislative advocacy on behalf of the spinal cord injury community
- teaching us how to be active for cure through their advocacy and fundraising toolkits
- identifying and advancing the most promising research to cure CHRONIC spinal cord injury through their Scientific Advisory Board and Advocate Research Committee.
- and giving us the tools to educate, organize, and take action for a cure for spinal cord injury.
These are the the first hand benefits that we all get from this conference and this organization, and why I made a donation to support their work.
But there is a more personal side because U2FP's work IS personal.
U2Fp understands firsthand the challenges and issues that accompany an SCI. They aren't driven to our work by a paycheque. They are driven by the love they have for the people who are injured. Everyone on the U2FP board either has a SCI or a child with one. They're passionate about moving therapies forward and witnessing recovery in our lifetimes.